Monday, June 7, 2010

A Sobering Celebration

After celebrating 23 years clean and sober I am realizing there is so much more to be done both in me and in the world. The realization of who I am and who I am not is a shocker!

My development from a shattered childhood, loss of 5 siblings, through an accident leaving me with mental and physical disabilities, the loss of my last brother, and a 17 year drug infested existence is remarkable. So remarkable, in fact, my life story from my novel The Quick Fix, due on out Amazon on July 1, has been optioned to be made into a feature film screenplay as you can read about HERE.

But, all the new fame and glory aside, I'm now ready to dig a little deeper for the next phase of my life. I'm having to look at parts of my character makeup, unpleasant character defects that have been apparent to all but me over all these years.

So, I continue to work on myself, to become more refined so that I may have more clarity to help others through my first hand experience. something we will be doing more of in the future as Experiencing the discomfort associated with this positive change for me from a place of understanding leads to my being a better teacher. That is my ultimate goal, to be the best author, teacher, and experiential talk show interviewer there is.

Thank you all for your support and here's to wishing each of you an opportunity to uncover, discover, and discard your negative coping mechanisms and habits so that you to may achieve your ultimate magnificence! Smile...

Language Barrier

My guest this week, author Ivan Rados, and I could not seem to communicate. He is a very intelligent Frenchman, bright, and passionate. I even had my great producer Robert Eibach step in to help bridge the gap. But in the end, as we are all from different parts of the globe, it was not until the very end of the show that Ivan understood that my show seeks to give the listeners practical advice they can apply in "The Quick Fix" of their daily lives.

The resulting show was a struggle for us all, but is lively, full of some deep, if impractical for Quick Fix style, thinking and fun to listen to. Enjoy HERE

WE'RE FLAMOUS!

This week's blog is brought to you by the great folks a Flamous Brands, creators of a line of healthy snacks called Falafel Chips. Enjoy the video, produced by my pal Ken Sheetz at BuzzBroz.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment