Sunday, March 21, 2010

SOULDRAMA

Alhoa! I've been away from The Quick Fix radio show for 2 weeks while I attended Connie Miller's SOULDRAMA in Hawaii.

So it was only fitting that my first show back feature great author and founder of SOULDRAMA herself, Connie Miller. Connie and I also got a chance to discuss her new book STARVE THE EGO FEED THE SOUL.



(Thanks to my pals at BuzzBroz for filming the radio show.)

Listen to the entire radio interview with Connie.

MY SOULDRAMA


I lost 5 siblings to cystic fibrosis by the time I was 8 years-old, and I lost my last sibling when I was 19 to a car crash. I was carrying so much misplaced guilt over their deaths that I can remember when President Kennedy was shot I felt somehow responsible and turned myself into the principal's office.

I've worked hard in my 23 years of being clean and sober to deal with the early trauma in my life. But of course dealing with the hole losing 6 brothers and sisters leaves in your heart is no easy task.

So when I heard Connie's amazing premise, that we develop our issues in a group and that in her group SOULDRAMA we can work them out far faster, it all rang true.



The SOULDRAMA group in Hawaii was filled with wonderful people from all over the world. By the time came to act out my life-long wish to say good-bye to my lost siblings, something I never had the chance to do in real life, the SOULDRAMA group was like my second family.

I felt safe and ready to share. And I still can't get over how real it all felt talking to my siblings, talking for them myself. I at last got to tell my lost sibs how much I loved them, missed them all.



A rainbow appeared as my SOULDRAMA ended as I had a vision of all my brothers and sisters walking into the Hawaiian surf and into the rainbow, waving farewell to me. I had at last let them go. All six of them. A tender Aloha.

As they faded into surf I tried not to cry, being the macho guy I am, but in the end I relented and welcomed the tears of healing.

Thanks, Connie.

No comments:

Post a Comment